Wednesday, November 5, 2008

and maybe one day

and maybe one day

you will  just talk
and i will just watch


you will tell me of life
and i will live what you describe



you will use your words to help me rest to massage me
and i will roll in them to remove my burden from me


you will speak with happiness gesturing from your eyes sitting on the bed
and i will sleep listening to you with your lap under my head


you will touch my cheek and run your fingers through my hair
and i will slip deeper into slumber knowing you are there


you will unflurl your memories and take me to your childhood
and i will lie in them and dream of enjoying all that you could


you will ask if i am to go to be somewhere else to do something
and i will reply that just lying with you when you speak  is the only thing
 

and maybe one day

you will  just talk
and i will just watch

2 comments: